Readings: Isaiah 60.1-6; [Gospel: Matthew 2.1-12]
Welcome to All Saints and St James
Are you new to the parish? Please sit wherever you would like! All are welcome at God’s Altar – either to receive Communion or to receive a blessing. There are toys and books available for children. We would like you to feel welcomed.
– For the sick, infirm and recovering: Janet Smith, Edna Bebbington, Rose Jessop, Peter Leverkus (still abroad)
– The anniversaries of departed: Queenie Slater, Alice Brooks
All Saints Diary
8 Jan – 10.30am Family Eucharist, Celebrant: David Powell
8 Jan – 6pm Evensong
St James Diary
8 Jan – 9am Family Eucharist, Celebrant: David Powell
1st Sunday: Holy Eucharist at St. James
2nd Sunday: Evening Prayer at All Saints
3rd Sunday: Evening Prayer at St. James
Table+ next meeting 7.30pm Sun 22 Jan. David and Suzette Maguire.
Licensing ceremony for Rev Eric Lomax – Tues 31 Jan, 7.30pm at All Saints. We look forward to welcoming Rev Lomax to All Saints and St James. Some guidance:
– Numbers of people: There are lists to sign in both churches to give us some idea of how many people we can expect. It would also help with the catering if you let us know if you are NOT staying after the service. We hope as many people as possible will attend the evening.
- Parking: As there is limited car parking available and only in the main car park at All Saints the organising committee suggest that people arrive early (not later than 7pm), to allow time to park and where possible arrange to share lifts.
- Transport: When you sign could you indicate if you are prepared to offer transport or if you need to have a lift.
- Contacts for queries: For All Saints: Alan Lowe (857212) and for St. James: Sue Squire (342373)
The first meeting of St James House Group in 2017 will be at 15 Church End Biddenham on Thurs 19 Jan at 7.30pm. Suzette and David Maguire will be leading a Church Army course called “Faith Pictures”. The evening will start with a meal. Intrigued? Why not come along? Please phone Edwin Martin (348718) for catering numbers.
The first meeting of the men’s group for 2017 will be at 15 Church End Biddenham on Fri 20 Jan. We will be looking at the Sermon on the Mount for two meetings, then for the third we will invite a man to come and talk with us about what this looks like in real life. We will start at 7pm with a pint and a meal. Please phone Edwin Martin (348718) for catering numbers.
St James Roast Lunch, Sun 5 Feb at 1pm in the Church Barn, Tickets cost £13 with a complimentary glass of wine. Raffle. Please sign the list at the back of the Church or contact Sue Squire (342373).
All Saints Lunch Club, Wed 18 Jan 12.30 pm at The Brewers Fayre. Everyone welcome, for details contact Anita Lowe (857212).
Ministry team: Christopher Dawe (363890) email@example.com
All Saints Churchwardens: Brenda Walker (851597), Margaret Leighton (854674)
All Saints website: www.allsaintskempston.com Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org
St James Churchwardens: Laurie Hurn (364251), Edwin Martin (348718)
St James website: www.stjamesbiddenham.com John Richards: email@example.com
Categorised in: Church News
This post was written by smithy