A group of us met again this evening (7/9/16) to pray for a new vicar at St James/All Saints Kempston:
Praise was given for, amongst other things –
- all the effort and attention put in by many in formulating our parish profile over the last few months, and for the acknowledgement that the parish profile has received;
- our visiting vicars and their Bible-based teaching;
- our thriving services through this challenging interregnum period; thriving in terms of numbers of people attending, the vibrant hymns & songs of worship, etc.
We prayed about, amongst other things –
- the nature of the new vicar’s job and the difficulties that any successful candidate (+/- family) would have to negotiate;
- crystallisation of the vision of change that we might want for our church;
- that in the next few days God will direct His chosen person to make an application (closing date 12/9/16; interviews at the end of the month);
- that the interview procedure will go smoothly and for wisdom in the decision-making;
- that as a church we might be able to cope with the disappointment if recruitment does not take place as quickly as we would like; realising that God is in perfect control of the whole process.
Categorised in: Church News
This post was written by Simon Smith